In this message:
I missed the deadline to register for my final exams
I do not feel like I will be able to write my final exams
Thinking about Winter 2021?
The deadline to register for final exam accommodations was November 27th, 2020. The OSD Exam Centre has temporarily paused the 7-day deadline in order to allow students to flexibility register for timed assessments during the final exam period. If you have missed the deadline to register for final exam accommodations:
- Please continue to use the online exam sign-up form to submit your late request. The exam type, release date, and due date of final exams are outlined on the final exam schedule.
- The OSD Exam Centre will not process any late requests made the business day prior to the release date of the final exam. Please note that the OSD Exam Centre's operating hours are 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- For example, if the release date of your timed-open book exam is Monday, December 14th, you will need to submit your late request by completing the online exam sign-up form by Thursday, December 10th, at most.
Please note that individual time-based accommodations do not apply* for:
- Take home exams: You have 48 hours or more to complete your exam (i.e. from the release date up to the due date/time) and it can be opened and closed as often as you wish.
- Timed open-book exams within a designated window AND your instructor is incorporating principles of inclusive pedagogy (i.e. your exam has been designed to be written in half of the allotted time).
*If exceptional circumstances arise for which you require disability-related accommodations, please reach out to our Exam Centre Manager, Rakhee Chowdhury directly, so that she may assess the case.
If you believe you are unable to write your final exam due to a serious health or wellness condition, or another extenuating circumstance, you may be eligible to apply for an exam deferral, depending on your faculty rules and regulations.
- The deferred and supplemental exam period will be held March 1st -4th, 2021.
- Please refer to the Exams website for the application dates and when the exam schedule will be posted.
If you write your final exam you are not eligible to apply for a deferred exam. This includes receiving the final exam from your instructor but not completing it.
For students in the Faculty of Engineering or in the Faculty of Law, please refer to your Faculty's website for more information.